Friday, August 26, 2005

Learning to Drive - Day 1

"We" gotta lot of work to do with our daughter:


- She can now distinguish the gas pedal from the brake - I explained how important that is but, she assures me she always forgets.

- Next time, we are going to work at stopping and signaling at the end of the street. Luckily the neighbors recognize the battered green Jeep, recall the previous 16yr old operator, and stay out of the way.

- She assures me she will work on stopping but signaling is "really a distraction. . ." I tell her we have plenty of time to work on "that."

- I only yelled "stop, Stop, STOP !" once (I don't know if I'm more proud of myself or her for that one).- I only grabbed the steering wheel once (not proud of it but, we Would have hit a parked car otherwise. . .)

- the Drivers Ed program uses a 5 point system for grading driving performance, we are using a pass/fail grading system. She explained it to me, "no one died, that was good!"

If we need to log time behind the wheel, that was 10 minutes.

No comments: